Thursday, May 21, 2009

Uwe Boll discusses 'Darfur'



Uwe Boll was interviewed at Cannes and he discussed his upcoming film about the ongoing genocide in Darfur. At first when I read about this I thought it was a joke. But, it's not. This film actually exists and Uwe fucking Boll directed it. The most surprising thing about the interview is that the reporter didn't burst out laughing in the man's face, nor did he walk away in disgust. Kudos to him for that feat.

The folks at The Agony Booth sum up the video for us:

1) He got actual victims of the genocide to play themselves. I honestly think he says he got a rape victim, who now has AIDS because of the rape, to reenact the rape on camera. I really hope that's not true, and that his accent has made me completely misunderstand him.

2) The movie has no script and he wanted his actors to improvise, but then he found out quickly that they had "problems with improvisation". Really. Billy Zane and Kristanna Loken had trouble writing their own lines? You don't say.

3) He can't afford the submission fee to have his movies screened at festivals.

I just...whoa. I just have no words for this insulting mess, so head on over to the interview. Wouldn't you know it, the darn thing won't embed. Maybe the universe is trying to tell us something.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment