Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This week in superhero news: (More) 'Thor' casting news and a 'Spider-Man 4' update



Actor Tom Hiddleston has been cast as villain Loki (sorry Josh Hartnett) in Marvel Studio's adaptation of Thor. Director Kenneth Branagh worked with Hiddleston on the London production of Chekhov's Ivanov and both starred in the BBC miniseries Wallander.

I've never actually seen anything Hiddleston has starred in, but his previous work with Kenneth Branagh will obviously help with the project. Thor opens May 20, 2011.

Now on to the Spider-Man 4 news. Director Sam Raimi has revealed that Spider-Man 4 will start shooting in February of 2009. Raimi explains why he has to force this upon us why he loves the character so much:

"I love Peter Parker. I've always loved the Spider-Man comics, and I fell like I still know more about the character that I think can bring to the screen - and perhaps make it great if I do it right. It's the same reason I keep reading the Spider-Man comic books. I'm really enamored with the character and now I feel like I have a history with him. I'd like to really make a great picture with him and bring the character to life at a level of detail that I've never realized before. It's almost like I have a desire to do something I've been trying to do right and haven't yet been able to. Not exactly." [LA Times via The Playlist]

That's about enough of that Mr. Raimi. Somewhere between Spider-Man 3 and just now, I had forgotten how much I really loved the first two Spider-Man films. I'm beginning to wonder if Raimi is morphing into George Lucas or something - like the guy needs to be saved from destroying his own work.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment